Received from Parkinson List Server:
>[deleted]
>Destructive virus is spreading via Internet E-mail.  Don't  open
>any E-Mail with the subject line "Deeyenda".  Delete it
>immediately.  [remainder deleted]

    This is not part of our discussion group's topic, but a reply is
necessary to prevent other members from acting on the message
and forwarding it. E-mail viruses are HOAXES, like the
"Good Times" virus. There is no way for an E-mail message to
download itself and perform the nasty deeds ascribed to it.*
THE WARNING MESSAGE IS THE "VIRUS." It is propagated
by well-meaning individuals (like whoever posted the warning
about Deeyenda) who believe the hoax and want to protect their
friends and associates. The advice to "send this message to as
many of your friends as possible" (or similar wording) is the clue.

     Please do NOT forward the "Deeyenda" warning, OR this note
either for that matter. I intend this note only for those who have
received the "Deeyenda" warning.

         -Bill (CG for Herbert (father), 76/4)

* Not to be confused with the Word for Windows Macro virus...
   but you have to download and then execute a Word document
   to get infected. Microsoft offers a free detect-and-disinfect add
   on via its home page at www.microsoft.com

   Also, of course, executable attachments to E-mail may contain
   viruses, but you have to download and execute them first.
   Just viewing an E-mail, however, will NOT do this.