Hi Folks:  I just got off the phone with Sen. Robert Torricelli's assistant.
Sen Torricelli is  newly elected  and has not completed the set up of his
office or office staff. I did state the purpose of my call and expressed my
hope that the Senator would become an original cosponser of the bill and
suggest that the Sen contact Sen Wellstone or Sen,. McClain to sign on.

I got the distinct impression I was the first constitutent to call with a
request of this type. The y took my name and address and said they would get
back to me.

Dale Severance
Matawan, NJ 07747

PS it is real easy to make the call. Just dial 18009623524 and ask to speak
to your Senator have your zip code handy. Lets here some reports from other
callers