------------63465F6311D20

Barbara Mallut wrote:

> We were just being silly by using partial bits of real words -
hapless, and
> feckless.  There ARE no such words as "haps and fecks.."  We just
twisted
> around the language to suit the moment.   .......
>
> I have this mental image of you cussing away in Portuguese as you
wildly
> attack your trusty Webster's trying to find the meaning of  "Haps,
fecks, and
> gorms," and as it got later and later into the night, picking up the
> dictionary and with a frustrated scream, throwing it at the monitor!
Then,
> with a horrified look on your face as smoke comes pouring out of the
monitor,
> you say to yourself, "OH MY GOD!  What HAVE I done?!!!!"
>
> For those who might think such idiocy is not related to Parkinson's
Disease
> and thus doesn't belong in here in this PD-specific list, I'd like to
take a
> moment and point out that while something like the exchange we're
referring to
> isn't directly about PD itself, such moments as we had in our little
play on
> words, WAS and IS of benefit to those Parkies that participated in it,
as well
> as to many who chose to read it.
>

> I rest my case..
>
> Barb Mallut
> "Lil_Honey" on the PD Chat

Hi Barb M,
My mother used to say "All work and no play, makes for a dull day"

------------63465F6311D20

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Barbara Mallut wrote:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; We were just being silly by using partial bits of real words - hapless,
and<BR>
&gt; feckless.&nbsp; There ARE no such words as &quot;haps and fecks..&quot;&nbsp;
We just twisted<BR>
&gt; around the language to suit the moment.&nbsp;&nbsp; .......<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; I have this mental image of you cussing away in Portuguese as you
wildly<BR>
&gt; attack your trusty Webster's trying to find the meaning of&nbsp; &quot;Haps,
fecks, and<BR>
&gt; gorms,&quot; and as it got later and later into the night, picking
up the<BR>
&gt; dictionary and with a frustrated scream, throwing it at the monitor!&nbsp;
Then,<BR>
&gt; with a horrified look on your face as smoke comes pouring out of the
monitor,<BR>
&gt; you say to yourself, &quot;OH MY GOD!&nbsp; What HAVE I done?!!!!&quot;<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; For those who might think such idiocy is not related to Parkinson's
Disease<BR>
&gt; and thus doesn't belong in here in this PD-specific list, I'd like
to take a<BR>
&gt; moment and point out that while something like the exchange we're
referring to<BR>
&gt; isn't directly about PD itself, such moments as we had in our little
play on<BR>
&gt; words, WAS and IS of benefit to those Parkies that participated in
it, as well<BR>
&gt; as to many who chose to read it.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; I rest my case..<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Barb Mallut<BR>
&gt; &quot;Lil_Honey&quot; on the PD Chat<BR>
&gt; [log in to unmask]<BR>
<BR></DT>

<DT>Hi Barb M,</DT>

<DT>My mother used to say &quot;All work and no play, makes for a dull
day&quot;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------------63465F6311D20--