Hi Mary - Louise,

1.  Fine with me if you want to publish the memory work / common
culture exchanges.  Ask me if you need either my original Globe letter or
my reply to Anthony.  I would very much like to goad Anthony to answer
the question  I posed:  without some common culture, how do citizens in
a polity work toward (or even engage in) a civil society?  It seems to me
that that is one key question dodged by canon bashers.

2.  Is it really okay to submit a proposal at this late date for the
conference?  I'd put it out of my mind because I'd been working on a
book.  But now that I've handed the m.s. in to the publisher, I have some
time to think about conference presentations.  If I still do have time, do I
have to focus strictly on reading?

All the best,

Jamie