Hello everyone,

The news reports of the recent report on the writing performance of
Memorial University students is provoking some discussion (well, tut-
tutting and head-shaking) around here and I am being asked for
comment.  Hard to read between the lines of the news reports, and I
wonder if any CASLL-builders on/from The Rock would comment on this
report -- I suspect your comments would be of interest to the whole
list community, but if you prefer, my personal Email address should
be at the bottom of this message.

Thanks,

Susan

Susan Drain, Ph.D.                          902 457 6220
Chair, English Department                   [log in to unmask]
Mount Saint Vincent University
Halifax, NS
Canada B3M 2J6