Hi.
We (the UTCNS unix group) are now doing regular network sweeps of our
own systems.  A few months ago we spoke to Norman Wilson and offered
to help revive the volunteer campus security sweeps.  We're now in a
position to invite other campus groups or departments to take advantage
of the sweep service.

So ... if anyone is interested in having their systems swept,
please feel free to contact <[log in to unmask]> to make
the necessary arrangements.

We've started with the sweep software originally gathered together
by Norman Wilson and Steve Kotsopoulos (with many thanks to both for
all their effort).

Also, following their example ... if anyone would like to volunteer to
help run and/or maintain the sweeps, they would be more than welcome.

The long-term plan is to try to keep an up-to-date repository
of security software and information.