Dear Abigail

As I approach the end of a quarter of a million words worth of marking, I'm not
sure about the status of the examined life either.  It is quite possible that
I replied or bounced back a message at the wrong time and to the wrong place.
There was certainly a hiccup at some point about two years ago.  This may well
be my presbyterian guilt complex kicking in though.  I'm always the first to own
up.

Best wishes
John