Joao Paulo Carvalho wrote:
> Brian,I suspect of one added factor that is the state of ones mind.I
> will try to explain:for instance if the exercises are done under stress
> or not,competetive or not,done with pleasure or by a kind of a
> duty,demands heavy concetration or not,it is realized with or without
> suspense(type Hicthcok films  :-) ),there is fear or not,and so on.As
> you know PWPD are very susceptible to psichological factors,sometimes
> more than the physical ones by themselves.That is,the situation may
> require independent of the strenght put in it,the greater or lesser
> production of adrenaline,seretonine,
> endomorphine,and the like.These substances can then have action on the
> way the brain will be more or less permeable to levedopa.
>
> Regards,
>    +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
>    +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+

Hello Joao Paulo,  I think you may have the missing link in the story. The
method used in the Report which I took from the journal Neurology was to use
stationary exercise cycles to provide the exercise. I can think of nothing
more boring, but at least it probably contributed to the consistency of the
data. The answer seems to be Keep your Cool, but I suspect saying that to a
South American soccer player is like telling a Parkie to stop shaking.
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>