We are also in the home building stages: looking for land at this point, hope
to be building by Sept.

Question:  those of you who are using wheel chairs.....likely scene for me
within a couple of years......

In the kitchen we plan two sinks....one normal height and one lower to use
while seated that choice was easy to make.

But bathroom........when it comes to wash basin/vanity layout.
What to do about brushing your teeth.......sink with vanity with knee space?
  Free standing wash basin....not built in?  Seems simple question, but
didn't see this addressed in any of the articles I have read.   What would
you do if you were given the opportunity to make a choice?  We plan on
staying in this home for 20+ years (I am 52) so we want to make it as
practical and comfortable as possible for the long stretch.

Thanks, Rita