Hello!

   I posted a message announcing our new program a few days ago.  Just
thought I'd reiterate the info and then clarify a bit -  as there seem to be
some questions about exactly *who* the program is targeting.

   The Neurosurgery Support Network's purpose is two-fold:
1.  To provide support to those who have had a neurosurgical procedure (i.e.
pallidotomy, thalamotomy, deep brain stimulator implant, fetal transplants)
by putting them in contact with others who have had the same experience.

2.  To put patients contemplating a neurosurgical procedure  in contact on a
one-to-one basis with those who have undergone the same procedure.

A few professionals so far have inquired about the network, wondering if it
was possible for them to participate.    We do not want to discourage
professionals from giving input - but we feel that the main purpose is to put
patients in contact with each other.

 However, professionals may help by sending information to our center so that
if we receive requests for information,  we may provide it  as part of our
regular service.

Also, if any professionals feel that have a resource or an announcement
(about research for example) that is newsworthy, we will be happy to also
consider any information for our Young Parkinson's Newsletter.

I hope this clarifies things a bit!   Again, if you are interested in our
program, please send your name and mailing address to [log in to unmask] (Screen
name: APDA YPD in AOL).   Please be patient as well.  Our newsletter is
coming out in the next two weeks - and (hopefully) we will be deluged with a
number of requests for the application.
Susan and I will do our best to get letters out asap.

Sincerely
Sherline Lee
Secretary, Young Parkinson's I&R Center

APDA Young Parkinson's I&R Center