Hello folks
       I am curently in a fight with our (Australian) Dept of Veterans
Affairs regarding a claim against them for Parkinsons Syndrome.   They have
been in touch with two Neurologists who both affirm that I have Parkinsons
disease (PD) not  Parkinsons syndrome (PS). I know both these neuros and
they are reasonable people.  It all depends on how the question was asked(eg
"have you stopped beating your kids yet?) and I will be getting a copy of
this.  My question is, can anybody tell me if there is any difference
between PD and PS except one(PS) has a probable cause and the other(PD)
doesn't.  The symptoms are surely the same (whats in a name? in this case PS
is the only one with much of a chance of being considered for compensation)

Thanks and regards to all
Philip Dunn