Dear Jon,

I had a really horrible reaction to Permax when it was first prescribed - I
took 1/2 of a .05mg tablet before I went to bed, as instructed, and was
violently nauseous and dizzy from early the next morning through the whole
day.  I was really ready to call it quits,  but my neurologist persuaded me
to wait a day or two, then give it one more try.  I did, and continued
ramping up with it VERY slowly (1/2 of a .05 more every three or four days,
until, now, I take two .25mg tabs with each meal and 3 .25mg tabs when I wake
up around midnight or 1am.  Adding them to my meds has enabled me to cut back
greatly on the Sinemet - I take 1/2 of a 50/200 CR three or four times a day,
instead of the five whole ones I was taking pre-Permax.  This has pretty much
eliminated the really bad dyskinesias I was experiencing with so much
Sinemet.

I know there are people who can't tolerate the Permax, but by increasing the
dosage very, very slowly, perhaps it could work better for you.

Good luck!!  Norma   .