Hi Carey,
Im caregiver for my wife whose Parkinsons has affected her walking also.
We travel regularly in fact just came back from a cruise.

About your questions re travel with Dad and going to Europe for a few days,
 I can suggest that you DONT attempt this for a first try.  Although its very
easy,  there is help on this side at every point...getting out of car at
airport, boarding plane and help on board...its the other side you have to be
concerned with.

Western Europe is quite good...BUT NOT AS GOOD AS HERE regarding ramps, large
door openings for wheelchairs and so many other things including taxies and
car rentals you could make his anxieties worse and certainly much more work
for Mom.

I suggest strongly that you advise them of these considerations.  At the same
time, be a great son and recommend a short cruise.  There is a wonderful one
from Miami to Bahamas on Royal Carribbean for three days.  From the moment
they arrive at the airport of departure till the moment they leave the
airport on their return,  Mom will
only have to push his chair.  There is help everywhere and the ship is built
for
handicap situations.

Good luck to you and I know they will thank you for your suggestion.

If you or anyone else needs travel info..I travel a lot on business and Joyce
comes with me most of the time all over the world (except in 3rd world where
it would be too difficult for me/her to manage)

Chuck