Rita wrote:
>What drugs is your mom taking?  I had several MDs in the emergency room
>describe my movements as seizures when I was taking tylenol with codeine;
>benedryl to name only two of five drugs that induced the movement you
>described.  Indeed, my movement was probably not seizures but rather
>"overdosing" on the Sinemet in my system because of the activity of the
>additional drugs suggested by MD (not neuro).
>Rita Weeks

Rita (and others), thank you so much for your responses. My mom was on
Tylenol with codeine because she had a urinary tract infection with fever.
Also, I have felt for a while that her Simenet dosage has been too high,
even tho she has a Neuro that specializes in Parkinson's. So....she is off
the Tylenol 3 and her Simenet has been reduced. And she is taking
anti-seizure medication. She is much calmer, but still has some rough
moments, especially in the afternoon. I am going to get her exact meds info.
One thing I've learned from this list is that medication is a very personal
affair for each Parky, however, since her speech is severely limited, I am
going to have to do some serious sleuthing to find her optimal balance.
Thanks.............Lena.
Lena Holmes  parttime caregiver for Ilmi 74/2
Oakville, Ontario, Canada