Stan,

I don't feel like what happened on the road was mere coincidence. Assuming you
drive normally, the probability for a coincidence is very small, and I think
there must be some link with your disease.

The link may be direct (e.g. meds' short term chemical effect), or all the way
to very, very indirect (e.g. unconsciously refusing to know more about your
disease, and "producing" symptoms).

The only way I know to build some logic out of such a mess of causes and
effects is to systematically write what happens to you, just facts. After a
significant number of weeks, you will probably notice repetitive sequences,
and then you are through.

Let me give a simple example, also related to visits to the neurologist. My
symptoms progressively increase  during the week before the visit, and
suddenly decrease when he opens the door of the waiting room. When I tell it
that way, identifying cause and effect is very easy. But it took me several
years (maybe ten visits) to understand that loop.

We have all learnt how Sir Isaac Newton discovered the universal law of
gravity when watching an apple fall from the tree. Had he been inside the
apple, he would have discovered nothing !