Date:   Sat, 1 Feb 1997 11:55:20 -0500
From:   [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: Advice re. Hospitalization

In a message dated 97-02-01 11:23:12 EST, [log in to unmask] (Kenneth Goodrich)
writes:

<< We are concerned with her
 Parkinsons medications while in the hospital and whether pre-operative
 preparation and post-surgery care will be attentive to any particular
 problems related to her Parkinsons. Does anyone have advice for us >>

Ken  my experience has been that the nurses dispense medicine to their
schedule rather than yours.  My doctor now lets me hold my PD medication and
authorizes on my chart that I can take my PD at my schedule so long as I
notify my nurse when I have taken a pill.. It sure beats leg cramps because
nurses not available to dispense my medicine timely.

Dale Severance