Joan Cutchins wrote:

> My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 yrs ago at 45.
>
> We are hoping to build a new house in the next year.  What would be the
> best kind of flooring for bathrooms?  Vinyl seems so slick to me when wet.
>
> Should the rest of the house be carpeted?  It will be built on a slab so
> no steps.  Also implicit instructions will be given to builder--no
> thresholds between changing flooring materials.

Joan:  I am currently away from my source materials and so cannot give
you specific citations to building ideas for PWP.  The AARP has
published and distributed two pamphlets on how to build and/or remodel a
house for physically impaired.  Perhaps you can 'phone AARP and inquire.
I previously posted the titles on this list a while back-- perhaps you
can do an archive search.

Sid Roberts  67 dx 3     Youngstown, Ohio