Hi all, I've been reading the list for quite some time now and while I've not
generally shared, I have gotten a lot out of your experiences.

I'm a 36 year old single mom of a teenager, living in Seattle for the last 9
years.  My interest in this list came about awhile back when my dad's
Parkinson symptoms began to worsen, both physically and mentally.  He was
diagnosed about...10 years ago?  I think that's correct.

He and my mom live in Orange County, California and I only have phone contact
and visits every few weeks for long weekend.  I don't always get as much info
as my mom needs to tell me so I'm prepared for those visits.  And she's having
her usually time denying, along with Dad, that this isn't something that is
going to get better.

So, I have learned a lot from all the discussion on meds, stress, lifestyles,
disability aids, etc. and have been able to deal better with his decline.

I've thought of trying to figure out a way to print out these email messages
to pass along to my mom but haven't come up with a solution I think she would
find readable yet.  Any suggestions?  Or any objections?

Thanks again for taking the time to discuss this illness and sharing your
stories.

Sue Jackson