Stan--re: your sudden accelleration in symptoms, I can only offer the
recent experience Peter has had with his.  Within a week, we noted a big
slide downward in functioning, evidenced by brief episodes of confusion,
a few hallucinations (benign) , great unsteadiness and occasional tremors
(not usual for him) and major increase in somnolence. Thechanges we could
identify were in meds--(he's been LONG retired)--with a change from Prozac
to Zoloft and starting/increasing Parlodel (in aboutthe 8th week of gradual
increase).We stopped the Zoloft and he went back on Prozac--no improvement.
Now we're gradually reducing the Parlodel, as it is notorious for producing
these symptoms in some PWPs. Thus I have to wonder about possible changes in
your med routine accompanying retirement, along with the stress that change
of any kind brings. Hope you get a handle on it soon!
PS-with cut in Parlodel, he seems better tonight.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"