Ken:

My wife went through three hospitalizations last year, with two abdominal
surgeries.  It is important to verify all medications supplied by the
hospital staff for compatibility; For instance, Demerol is dangerous to take
with Eldepryl; in fact it could be fatal.  I had ur neurologist check with
the surgeon to authorize me to give the Sinemet and Permax, etc. to my wife
in the hospital, and when she was attached to a tube, I ground the pills in a
mortar and transferred the stuff with a little water into the tube. When I
was not there, I checked with the nurse to make sure the medication was given
at the right time...
Good luck
Michel