Ken - After I responded to your question about hospitalization earlier, I
deleted your address, but I've since remembered one other reason I would
advise having your wife get permission to take her meds to the hospital with
her:  When my husband had his first pallidal stimulation surgery, we forgot
to do that, and the cost of the meds when provided by the hospital, according
to our bill, was several hundred dollars PER DAY!  The only medication the
doctor ordered besides his PD meds was Tylenol III for headache, and a stool
softener.  At that time, his PD meds consisted of one Sinemet CR and 3-4
Sinemet 25/100, and one Cogentin.  I think he had already stopped taking the
Eldepryl by then.

It has been awhile now since his surgery, and I no longer remember the exact
figure, but I think it worked out to about $70 per pill(!) for the Sinemet.
 I hope you can get permission for her to self-administer her meds, and if
you're unable to do that, the cost factor plus the risks that other people
have pointed out of having the hospital substitute a generic version of the
med should help convince the doctor that at the very least she should be
allowed to use her own meds!

Good luck.  Margie Swindler