DEAR READER, LISTENER,LURKER AND OTHERS,
2/2/97  10:51 AM
      It has been some time since I last sent in a posting and an equally
long time since I did anything other than scan the Digest. Some time around
Christmas I do believe.One thing I did not miss was the fact that we have
added many new sets of fingers and many more new minds. You will need to
grant me some time to catch up ....hence the prolegomenon.
     I joined the List about one year ago and was a regular contributor to
the Digest. I am a 58 year old "Disabled" or "retired" or
"soon-to-return-to-work-candidate" Clinical Social Worker who has not
worked for the last 2+ years due to my illness. Back in October of '94 I
experienced a major league freezing episode which led me to spend a solid
month in two Rehab. programs. Behind my back conversations focused on
arrangements to be made for some form of institutional or assisted living
for me. When I became aware of these conversations I decided that I wasn't
going to let strangers make key decisions in my life and my decision was to
return to my home in Acton,Ma. where I lived for the past 17 years. With
the help of many I was able to survive until August of'95 when I had a
right brain  Pallidotomy which "took" only part way but enough to provide
me with much bilateral relief. In Sept.of '96 I had  the same procedure
done for my left brain with considerable improvement. Now I feel the best
that I've felt in the past 10-11 years. I'm doing things that were
impossible for me to do as little as 6 months ago. Therefore I was
surprised when I came down with a good case of the blues following my 3
month check up at the MGH in Boston. I mainly climbed into the bowels of my
computer and did some hard but fruitful thinking/feeling. It seemed that
the blues were caused by my disappointment that I wasn't about to show much
more improvement and I had to ease off a goal I had been pursuing for many
years.........my physical/emotional good health.More on this later.

     Now you might be saying something like "Sweet Jesus,  wouldn't I love
to be in that  dummy's shoes" and you would be right. I had a visit from
Narcissus and it's only now beginning to fade out as other goals take
center stage. Goals like my going from being a "well person" to a "disabled
person" back to someone representing a "well person" once again.I do
appreciate the chance to work on this issue although it is difficult but
one I would wish for everyone who has walked in my shoes.

OF MORE IMPORTANCE AT THIS MOMENT IS THE BEGINING OF A "PROGRAM I'VE BEEN
THINKING ABOUT FOR SOME TIME
.........AN E- MAIL IN-HOUSE CONSULTATION ARRANGEMENT WITH HEALTH CARE
PROVIDERS [HCP] A SNEAK PREVIEW HIGHLIGHTS DR ERIC METZLER OF ENFIELD MAINE
WHO WILL RESPOND TO E-MAIL REQUESTS DEALING WITH GENERAL MEDICAL QUESTIONS,
AND PATRICIA STEBBINS OF ACTON ,MASS WHO WILL HANDLE REQUESTS INVOLVING
PHYSICAL THERAPY.***********DETAILS TO FOLLOW IN THE NEXT DAY OR

    THANK YOU FOR STAYING AWAKE.......HAY YOU, WAKE UP!  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                 george

                  O,what a beautiful morning
                  O,what a beautiful day
                  I've got a beautiful feeling