Joan, your message struct a nerve.  On Friday I signed a contract to
purchase a new home in which we will be converting the laundry and garage
into a handicapped accessible bathroom and bedroom.

I don't really have the funds to hire an architect.  Family memberw will
do the construction, but I will need to draw the site plan and
specifications.  Does anyone have a suggestion where to look for good
diagrams for handicapped accessible bathrooms?

There have already been a couple of excellent suggestions made which I
will incorporate.  The idea of a pocket door, glass brick wall for shower
(my husband keeps trying to grab the shower curtain to pull himself up!),
a double door to the outside etc.

Thanks,

Miriam L. Denham, cg for Dale, 74, dx 1988