As my husband may be facing minor outpatient surgery (tendinitis repair,
elbow), and as he also has a history of herniated disks, (and has been
prescribed Demoral in the past, before we knew he had PD), and may one day
have to undergo heart valve replacement surgery due to MVP) I am compiling a
file of drugs contraindicated, and other information which may be necessary
to tell the Doctors- pre- and post-op.  I am assured that he will have a
regional block (for the elbow), as opposed to a general anesthesia.   I have
already given the doctor the list of contraindicated drugs posted on the
list, and have made them aware that Demoral is not to be used.  However, what
may be used?  I have also seen that Percocet (which he has also been
prescribed in the past) is not compatible with PD (aggravates the symptoms?),
so what, if anything, is??  Is Codine OK?  Morphine?  Other?  What has been
your experience with various - what do you use successfully for pain relief?
  Should we stop the Eldepryl before a minor surgery, or is this only true
for a major surgery using general anesthesia.  Thank You in advance - I have
no doubt that I wil receive all the info I need.
p.s. If any of you feel this will 'clutter' the list, please reply to my
e-mail address directly ([log in to unmask]).
Roberta
CG for Clyde 64/5+ yrs.
Sinimet 10/100 3x day, & Eldepryl 5mg. 1 x day