Fellow Advocates:

We don't have to wait till April to see our Legislators! They'll be home in
one week.
Dedicate your Monday morning to set up a personal appointment to meet with
your Senators
and Representative. If you do not know their home office phone number you
can still call
the toll free DC # : 800-962-3524 and ask for the local #. Let's spend
Valentine's Day with
our families and friends at our Legislators' office!

---------------
Notice from PAN
Advocacy Tips for Upcoming February Recess

Congress will be in recess, on their "February District Work Period," from
February 14 through February 24.  The majority of Senators and
Representatives will be in their home states and districts, and likely
holding some kind of public meetings or events.  THIS IS AN EXCELLENT TIME
TO MAKE CONTACT WITH THEM REGARDING THE UDALL BILL!

Here are tips for how to use this important break.

Contact your Senators' or Representative's local office and inquire about
the possibility of scheduling a meeting.  Ask about any public events,
town-hall meetings, office hour sessions, or other opportunities to meet
with constituents that the Member has scheduled for the upcoming break.

Try to attend any appropriate local events, and ask them to immediately
cosponsor the Udall bill.  Personal meetings with Members are the best way
to gain their support.

Discuss with your friends, family or support group the possibility of
visiting your Senators or Representative as a group -- large or small.

You may want to invite your Legislators to attend your regularly scheduled
support group meeting, or even hold a special meeting during this February
break if your Members will be available.

Please contact PAN at (800) 850-4726 with any questions you may have.  Also,
be sure to let us know of the results of any meetings you have with
Legislators.  We can help you follow up as necessary.

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540