Elizabeth --

You wrote ....
<stuff cut out>
"The term bradyphrenia refers tothe slowing of thought and is presumed
 to be the cognitive analog of bradykinesia' and 'This area is especially
difficult to address because tasks that measure speed of processing are
frequently confounded with motor demands.  Although slowed information
processing may exist in patients with PD, it is certainly not well documented.'
<more stuff cut out>
More interesting still to me, picking my way through this maze, is the
finding that 'When tremor is the predominant clinical sign, mental status
is usually normal or near normal.  Tremor bears no relationship to
attention, visual scanning [get that one wrong and it's Klingon all
over!], psychomotor speed, visual memory, visuo-spatial processing, or
language skills.'
      <still more stuff cut>
What I want/need to know is if there is anyone here can relate to any of
      this ito their own experience.
      <and more stuff cut>

I'll comment...
The "bradyphrenia" you described seems to be an accurate description of my Dad's problems.  He's never had much of a tremor, but has had diminishing cognitive and attention in the past couple of years.  For example, the other day he asked Mom if they could go "downstairs to his computer room".  First, he's currently in the nursing home (and therefore no computer room), and secondly, they moved from their 2-story house to a ranch-style (one floor) about a year ago.  Even though he lived in the new house for the better part of 10 months, he still persists in thinking about going "upstairs" and "downstairs".  (This existed even while living in the new house, and is not a recent change.)

Thank you for posting your message.  It will be of great relief for my Mom, to know that this confusion and all does exist in PD, and that Dad's not the only one.  (There is something to be said for misery loves company!)

Good luck!

Diane McHutchison
LD Caregiver for Dad (69/7+)