At 13:47 2/8/97 -0500, Jacob Drollinger wrote:
>Dear Milo,
>
>I have the exact same problems!! I have been unresponsive to all the classic
>P.D. drugs, and my symptoms are the same, lots and lots of falling. My
>Parkinsonism was the result of a brief yet severe insult to my brain, caused
>by Carbon monoxide poisoning. I ended up with damage to only the globus
>pallidus. I was wondering if you have any other symptoms, e.g. tremor,
>dyskinesia. I don't. My only other symptoms are bradykinesia and dystonia;
>which explains the falls, I guess.
>
>Jacob

Jacob,

I have many of the symptoms of typical PD, however the walking problem is
the only disabling one. I  have a slight problem of Essential tremor, as my
mother and grandfather had  also, (ie. active tremor , but no resting
tremor). Other than that I have no tremor. I also have bradykinesia,
dystonia, micrographia (now I can't write at all). I have read that if three
conditions exist,  one should  look for another diagnosis than idipathic
parkinsons. The three conditons are:
        1. little or no tremor
        2. no response to sinemet
        3. the first symptom that appears is the gait problem
These match my experience comletely.

I can't say that I can identify a  particular experience as you have done,
however I have worked in a laboratory where I could have been exposed to
mercury or  carbontetrichloride.

---Milo
Milo V. Anderson, Ph.D.             Knowledge is free at the library;
Box 417                             bring your own contianer.
Angwin, CA 94508

voice 707 965 2508                     ODE TO A METAPHOR
fax   707 965 3148                  Ilustrations are useful,
e-mail [log in to unmask]             Or what's a meta-FOR.