I'm writing again about my mother, who is 67 and was recently diagnosed
with Parkinson's. I suspect I'll be cluttering this list with questions for
a awhile.

1.  I've been trying to read as much as possible about this disease, and
one piece mentioned that doctors often "save" Sinemet for a more advanced
stage of Parkinson's rather than prescibe it in earlier stages. In other
places it seemed as though prescribing Sinemet early on was a standard
course of treatment. Unfortunately, I'm not armed with the dosage (and I
can't call her AGAIN) right now, but I think it's low.

The only doctor she's been to so far is the neurologist who made the
diagnosis, and he said that she was in the early stages ( although from
what I've read she seems to fall into a moderate stage, too.)

Does anyone have any knowledge about prescribing Sinemet at a particular
stage? Is it an individual thing?

2.  Also, both she and I have agreed that she needs an evaluation by a
Parkinson's expert. She lives on Long Island, so anyone or a clinic in NY
would be easiest. But we're willing to go anywhere for the consult. In your
opinion, what is the BEST place to go? The best doctors? And, if they are
not in NY, what is the best in NY, too.

3.  Finally, assuming that you don't live near the best place to go, has it
been your experience that repeated trips to the best places is necessary?
Does that just depend on how you're managing the disease?

Thanks for your help.

Debbie White

P.S. Marling, thanks for your repsonse to my last message.