On 10 Feb 97 at 9:29, Dennis Greene wrote:

> We all associate a small red ribbon worn on or near the left lapel, with
> HIV/AIDS.
> With a view to increasing our visiblity, can anyone think of some symbol we
> can all wear.
>
> Even the invisable man had his bandages!

Dennis,

In the U.S., there are a couple of symbols we are using.

First, the National Parkinson Foundation has adopted the Olympic
torch, capitalizing on the unforgettable image of Muhammed Ali
lighting the flame at the past Summer Olympics. They've made nice
lapel pins using the flame. You can see what it looks like on their
web page,

www.parkinson.org

Also, Parkinson's Action Network has been using a white button with
the letters "PD" crossed out in red.  This button is great because it
gets attention and is a good conversation starter - "What does that
mean?" Everyone campaigning for the Udall bill in Washington wore
one, and it made us very visible.  You can see what the button looks
like on the PAN web site:

www.pdaction.org

The main thing is to wear something that people notice!