Re. to Debbie,

Donovan White wrote:

> 1.  I've been trying to read as much as possible about this disease, and
> one piece mentioned that doctors often "save" Sinemet for a more advanced
> stage of Parkinson's rather than prescibe it in earlier stages. In other
> places it seemed as though prescribing Sinemet early on was a standard
> course of treatment. Unfortunately, I'm not armed with the dosage (and I
> can't call her AGAIN) right now, but I think it's low.
>
> The only doctor she's been to so far is the neurologist who made the
> diagnosis, and he said that she was in the early stages ( although from
> what I've read she seems to fall into a moderate stage, too.)
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge about prescribing Sinemet at a particular
> stage? Is it an individual thing?
>
> Debbie White

Debbie if you consult more doctors you will find out different approachs
to PD.
It is very important to take Sinemet(levodopa) in the right need of each
stage and individual(it varies from person to person).Not only the
amount of it is important as well the distribuition along the time of
the day in order to fit the needs of the pacient.I am not a doctor,but I
would take levedopa as early as possible once PD were correctly
diagnosed and as long there would'nt be any evidence of any serious side
effect to my organism.

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+