     Ms. White,

     I noticed your posting to the Parkinson Digest looking for doctors on
     Long Island, so here goes.

     My mom, who is almost 80, has been diagnosed with PD for about 4-5
     years now. She has been seeing a neurologist, Doctor Jeret ( 119 N.
     Park Ave., Suite 301, Rockville Centre , phone # 516-593-5800) for
     over a year now, and we are very pleased with him. Although he is
     fairly young (30's), he seems to have had a lot of experience with PD,
     and has a substantial number of patients that he treats. He always
     returns phone calls (which is very helpful), and has worked with her
     to give her a level of medication that works for her, as it seems
     every patient needs their medication "tweaked" for their own personal
     condition.

     My mom is on a combination of Permax (her stomach couldn't tolerate
     Sinimet this past year - although she did use it a few years ago), and
     Eldypiril. Although her balance and her stamina necessitate her using
     a cane or a walker, she still manages on her own, and looks forward to
     going to the seniors center every morning.

     She has also recently gotten in touch with a PD support group on the
     Island, and is planning on going to a meeting in the near future (I
     think they will be providing a car service to pick her up).