Dear Jim,

Re your question about the Alexander Method, I don't know have any detailed
information on this but as far as I know, because I know someone in the UK
who actually teaches this method, it is a course which teaches you how to
completely reeducate your body posture.  I seem to remember that it is used
particularly in the treatment of people who have severe back pain who find
very little relief with medication. I think that this method was created by
a person who discovered that that health problems can arise as you get older
in life because of the way that you have learned to sit, stand, walk
etc.(and this is also effected by happenings in your life, your social and
pyschological experiences), and that by completely reeducating your body you
could change this in some way.  I often see it advertised in small ads in
the English community magazines here in Paris and also in the UK and
Ireland. Maybe it isn't well known in the US.   I don't think however that
it is recognised by any health authority and is probably listed as an
"alternative medicine".  My friend who teaches this however, has told me
that it is very effective and has helped a lot of people.   I have often
suggested to my father, who is a PWP, that he should give it a try.

Sorry I can't give any more than that, will try to get you something more
detailed.

Una Markey <[log in to unmask]
Long Distance Carer for Dad 67/15+

Una Markey