     Last week, I sent a letter to Representative Jack Quinn
(30th District, N.Y.), via a friend who expected to see him at a
local fund raising event. (I had spoken to him last year, in
person, about the first Udall Bill, which he did co-sponsor.)
Yesterday, I was happy to receive the following reply to my
letter:

Dear Mrs. Herman:

     Thank you for contacting my office in reference to the
"Morris K. Udall" Parkinson's Research Act. It was a pleasure to
hear from you.

     I am happy to report to you, on February 6, 1997 I became a
co-sponsor on the Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Research Act bill.
I understand the day to day stuggle that people affected with
this disease have to endure.

     Again, thank you for contacting my office, if you need
additional information feel free to call me.

                              Very truly yours,

                              Jack Quinn
                              Member of Congress

     Since he offered - are there suggestions about anything else
I can ask him to do, to help the bill through the House?

Linda Herman