     Island for her mother...

     Ms. White,

     I noticed your posting to the Parkinson Digest looking for doctors on
     Long Island, so here goes.

     My mom, who is almost 80, has been diagnosed with PD for about 4-5
     years now. She has been seeing a neurologist, Doctor Jeret ( 119 N.
     Park Ave., Suite 301, Rockville Centre , phone # 516-593-5800) for
     over a year now, and we are very pleased with him. Although he is
     fairly young (30's), he seems to have had a lot of experience with PD,
     and has a substantial number of patients that he treats. He always
     returns phone calls (which is very helpful), and has worked with her
     to give her a level of medication that works for her, as it seems
     every patient needs their medication "tweaked" for their own personal
     condition.

     My mom is on a combination of Permax (her stomach couldn't tolerate
     Sinimet this past year - although she did use it a few years ago), and
     Eldypiril. Although her balance and her stamina necessitate her using
     a cane or a walker, she still manages on her own, and looks forward to
     going to the seniors center every morning.

     If you want, I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind speaking to you or your mom
     on the phone. She has also recently gotten in touch with a PD support
     group on the Island, and is planning on going to a meeting in the near
     future (I think they will be providing a car service to pick her up).