I've got a cold.  I'll bet that a whole bunch of others on this list do also.

So I take a decongestant - the most popular is pseudoephedrine
hydrochloride, which is available either bundled up in a caplet or other
form with lots of other things or sold alone in a 30 mg. tablet.  The box in
which it comes bears this warning:

DRUG INTERACTION PRECAUTION:  Do not take this product if you are presently
taking a prescription antihypertensive or antidepressant drug containing a
monoamine oxidase inhibitor, except under the advice and supervision of a
physician.

Well, don't take my word for it alone, but it appears safe because it refers
to MAOI-A, and the Eldepryl that I take is MAOI-B.  But they don't tell you
that.

I've also got a cough.  So I've got to do somehing about that, too.  For the
cough, a cough syrup a is popular thing to  use, but  it's  also possible
the get it in the form of a caplet or liqui-gel, I guess.  The syrup I chose
has an expectorant and a cough suppressant, the active ingredients being
Guaifenesin, 100 mg, and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, 10 mg. per 5 ml of
elixir, and the adult dose is 10 ml.  Here we go again:

DRUG INTERACTION PRECAUTION:  Do not use this product if you are now taking
a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression,
psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or for Parkinson's disease), or for
two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug.

On this box they seem to suggest that the MAOI-B of eldepryl is a problem ,
if only because they mention Parkinson's Disease.  Yet I haven't seen these
items on our recent APDA drug contraindication orange card list.

So for those of us taking Eldepryl, it looks like we have special problems
shaking off a cold safely.  Do we just disregard the warnings?  Or does
anyone have some more constructive ideas?