On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 00:39:40 -0500 Joyce Tames <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Does anyone have experience or knowledge if PARLODEL or the lack of it
>contributes to overall body stiffness.
>
>Since I started to reduce my PARLODEL  (now down to about 3.5/day  my
>body is
>very stiff.
>
>Joyce
>Joyce,

  Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with stiffness(no double
entendre intended!).
  PARLODEL was a NIGHTMARE FOR ME.  It suppressed by libido, it made me
horribly constipated for days on end--and I was only 46 at the time I
tried it for a few weeks, last year.  Imagine how it affects older, more
sedentary folks!!!!

  Apparently, it is acting to increase movement in you, hence the
stiffness without it.  I am still finding that my new experiment with
NADH is succeeding in reducing  episodes of stiffness and pain.

I'm not planning on getting pregnant, but it's also famous for
suppressing prolactin levels.

MY PHARMACIST IS MY REALITY CHECK.  He is wonderful.  When a doctor tries
to give me a  drug, I also check with him.  When I told him about 4-day
bouts of parlodel-constipation, he wrinkled his brow and said,

 "Parlodel is FAMOUS for causing constipation."  He showed little
enthusiasm for the product.

More on Parlodel at another time.

Incidentally, Swiss Kris (sp.), a herbal laxative, got rid of the
blockage.

Ivan Suzman
Portland, Maine  Land of lighthouse/le pays des phares.     22 deg. ptly
cloudy