Young lady, I saw you today, but we didn't meet.

You were on the stage, in a classroom, facing a jury of five senior University
Professors. I was in the audience.

You were presenting a 2-year research work about (I dare not translate) : "Le
controle dopaminergique du noyau sub-thalamique chez le rat normal et chez le
rat malade de la maladie de Parkinson". The examiners asked their questions,
trying to understand your points, somewhat showing off ; you made clean and
accurate answers. You had your exam' under control, but you behaved softly and
respecfully.

The presentation was illustrated with slides showing rat brains, synapses,
circuits, histograms ; a friend of yours operated the old slide machine. The
room was half dark and silently crowded with all kinds of teachers, students,
anonymous persons. The debate went on and on, using a mix of French, English,
Latin, with scientific words all over the place.

In his closing speech, the President congratulated you for your work and your
presentation, wishing you the best for next year, in another research lab in
Fribourg, Switzerland.

Your name is Oum Kelthoum Hassani ; you come from Morroco. With your curly,
dark hair, your sweet smiling face and your slim silhouette, you don't look
like a dangerous enemy for PD. Yet, we all depend on you fro the future fights
against it.

Thank you, young lady

Bernard JOLY