Margaret - thanks for the reprint of the article.

>``As long as the ban was on, the political considerations and philosophical
>considerations were driving research,'' said Redmond, of
>Yale. ``People were advancing research ideas because they were an
>alternative to fetal tissue and not because they may work.''
>
>``It was like Russia, where certain research had to be done because certain
>people believed it was true,'' he said.

How ironic.  The reason that this Institute developed an interest into
examining the use of fetal tissue in treating chronic disease stemmed
from Dr. Kopyov joining the program.  He came here from the Ukraine
where he had been performing fetal tissue research for years, on a wide
variety of medical problems.  Parkinson's disease being just one.
        It seems like we are behind in a number of areas......Carole Hilton