It is with great saddness that I write to let you know that my husband of 36
1/2 years passed away at home shortly after midnight on Sunday, Feb. 9/97.
As most of you know Jack had been diagnosed with MSA in Jan '95 and his
disease had slowly progressed until he was completely immobile and was
unable to make his speech understood, although his sense of humour remained
until the end and he tried to make light of all his problems!  His brain and
spinal cord have been donated to the Brain Tissue Bank in Toronto, and
tissue samples will be going to Vanderbilt, with Sylvia's assistance, for
research.  He was in great pain at the end, but the following poem has
helped our family accept his death. God Bless.
Joan Martin and Family, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

GOD SAW YOU GETTING TIRED
WHEN A CURE WAS NOT TO BE
SO HE CLOSED HIS ARMS AROUND YOU
AND WHISPERED "COME TO ME"
YOU DIDN'T DESERVE WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH
AND SO HE GAVE YOU REST
GOD'S GARDEN MUST BE BEAUTIFUL
HE ONLY TAKES THE BEST
AND WHEN WE SAW YOU SLEEPING