At 12:35 2/12/97 -0500, Mary Sheehan wrote:

<snip>

>I have to disagree with you here.  As a person accustomed to working with
>advertising, publicity, customer relations, etc, I think it's important for
>Stan to make an initial presentaion on his own.  Lobbying the Oprah show will
>be too hard a sell and could be a turn-off to the producers at Harpo.  Let
>Stan  make the initial contact and see what develops.

        Hi all:

        Jeannette and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Oklahoma
        and Texas. A nice relaxing trip with visits to many sites and
        with several friends which will provide memories for the future.
        We are fortunate that we can still do this after 20+ years of
        the Beast PD.

        We missed many communications in the last few days and are trying
        to catch up as we can. Stan's apparent effort to engage Oprah in
        our behalf is an outstanding idea to bring much publicity to our
        plight!

        I whole heartedly agree with Mary, in that, Stan should be given
        a free hand to bring about the conversation with the Oprah group
        regarding a show to describe the affliction and pain of PD. This
        is not a legislative group where lobbying will be beneficial at
        the initial phase. If I were among the producers at Harpo and
        a group of unknowns lobbied to have us allocate an entire show
        to further their cause, it would have to be something that gripped
        the soul and would hold the normal viewer spellbound for the entire
        period. Sorry to say folks, we just ain't there yet. If it doesn't
        bind the viewer to the screen and get the ratings (like sex and
        violence) the producers will likely look it as a 'maybe a future
        if we run out of something better' type option.

        Run with it, Stan! We will cheer you on and WHEN you need help
        we will respond immediately after being called upon.

        BTW Stan.  Given the energy you have already shown, You ain't
        disabled and we won't let you retire so long as you can beat
        the drum for us in the PD march against time. Thanks for being
        there for us. GOOD LUCK with Oprah!

        Our very best wishes......Jack & Jeannette

E. Jack Savely    [log in to unmask]    Topeka, Kansas
CG - Jeannette 58 - 20              Starliter on Chat
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'