Debbie White -

What an excellent idea!   I'd be happy to lend a hand to anyone in the greater KC area.  And it would be helpful to me if there were someone here who could be "on call" for my mother when I'm out of town.

I think you underestimate your potential for long-distance caregiving -- your involvement is already helpful to your parents, and you can start now to investigate the resources they are likely to need in the future.  There are quite a few listmembers on LI, they can help you get started.

Where are you in MA?  My sister lives in Gloucester and works in Boston.  She was involved in the search-for-help etc while my parents were in NJ and is still involved in long-distance and sometimes on-site CG for Mom, so you might want to compare notes with her, too.  Let me know.

Mary Rack
cg for mom in NHome (75/6)

Overland Park KS