From:   PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf
of tom riess
Sent:   Friday, February 07, 1997 11:33 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        MORE BREATHLESSNESS

I too have noticed being short of breath after a relatively small amount of
exertion.  But I have also found that if I continue the exerting activity I do
eventually equilabrate and can sustain the activity for quite some time.  My
question is, has anyone else noticed a similar phenomenon?  Part of PD is
disturbances of the autonomic nervous system and the inability to rapidly
adjust
cardiac output realative to sudden demand may be an additional manifestation
of
this pathology and represents something fundamentally distinct from the
classic
exertional apnea.