This is an e-mail from my cousin. He has done experimental work on cerebral
oxygen deficiency because he has a daughter with severe cerebral palsey. He
did his work with a noted M.D. that is or was associated with NASA. They
tried this on my cousin's daughter. It did not help much with her seizures or
anything else permanently. They tried this with Paul (my Parkie) and we
weren't sure whether it helped his tremor or not. We need to try again since
it has been about three years and the tremor is worse. I believe what he says
can be documented in some of the scientific literature. Maybe Joe Burman
could run a Medline, I can not at the present time, sorry.

If you have questions or comments I will be happy to forward them to him.

"When I hear about a case such as the one you forwarded to us, I want to cry
out
and say that 100% oxygen is not the answer to cerebral oxygen deficiency.
 There
has to be at least 5% carbon dioxide (and it can go up to 20%) with the
oxygen
in order for cerebral vaso-dilation to occur which then allows the oxygen to
be
affective.

The other factor we have seen with breathing a mixture of 80% O2 and 20% CO2
is
an increase in the production of dopamine and other neurotransmitters.  It's
not
a magic bullet, but it does produce interesting and often beneficial
results".

Jan cg