            I asked God for strength that I might achieve,
         I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

          I asked for health, that I might do greater things,
         I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

              I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
              I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

        I asked for power,that I might have the praise of men,
       I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

           I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
          I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

                   I got nothing I asked for --
                but everything I had hoped for.

                      Almost despite myself,
                my unspoken prayers were answered.

                       I am among all men,
                       Most richly blessed.

I just thought some of you out there might enjoy this poem as much as I
did. -- Janice Long