You asked if there is a time frame for symptoms etc in PD
Not exactly, No not really, Everyone is different.

There are many, many neurological diseases/syndromes.  Some are similar,
however, true parkinson's is different as each of the others.  Ms Hepburn has
essential tremors, NOT parkinson's.

I'm sure there are groups in your area.  If notices of the meetings are not
posted at your mother's doctor's office, ask.  Also, I am sure someone else on
the list will also reply to your letter.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the unknown and little known.  As a researcher
I find PD one of the most frustrating things I have ever looked up.  But, I
figure I have at least 40 more years to look.

Marling McReynolds 48/dx2/sym4+