Hi everyone,
I am new to the list.  I am 55 yrs. old and have been diagnosed almost 3
years with PD. I have gained at least 60 lbs since diagnosis.I had read
that most people lose weight and I yelled YIPPEE, at least there is
something good for me in this whole process.(I have struggled with weight
my entire life) WRONG!! I had been in recovery for an Eating Disorder
approximately 14 years. I was a big woman but I was able to maintain the
weight with avid exercise and a food plan. After diagnosis of Parkinsons,
with the meds that made me very sick for at least a year,(you'd think I'd
lose weight)major depression and a steady decrease in not only my
exercise but I was soooo tired all the time, I proceeded to gain weight.
It, needless to say, is like a 'slap in the face'.  I had always been a
very physical person, extremely active.  I am addressing the weight issue
(as best I can) but my NEW PUDGE is very disturbing and not just
aesthetically but health wise.  Has anyone else with PD experienced
weight gain?
Bonnie Rupert
Upstate, New York