On Tue 18 Feb, Camilla Flintermann wrote:
> The timing is indeed important--and the regular Sinenet (not CR) should
> be taken at least 30 min. before a meal. However we were told that this
> is not necessary with the CR version.  There's much discussion of this in the
> archives if anyone wants to check with John Cottingham <[log in to unmask]>
> and request an archive search on it.
>=20
> Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
> *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
> "Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"
> *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>=20
>=20
Hello Camilla,  4 or 5 years=A0ago, when I could take Sinamet CR , I
found it a most useful drug. Its effective lifo for me was just on 4 hours.=20
by which I mean that to string a number of tablets together , without a=20
dip or gap between tablets, It was necessary to take them on a 4-hour=20
cycle. I recall that as things progressed, it became more difficult to
time the cross-over between tablets, and if I got it wrong I was effectively
'bounced' into the 'Twilight zone' and could be stuck up there for some time
on the output of the second CR tablet.
  To avoid this long duration tablet overlap experience, I used to=20
pop an extra half a Sinemet 100/25in between each Sinemet CR, which meant
that I put the CR tablet time back by 2 hours.

By far the best thing about the CR tablet  was its effect on meals: If I=20
took a CR tablet about 30 mins before a meal, it seemed that the CR tablet,=20
once it got a finger-hold in the lower intestine was able to supply a=20
continuous flow of levodopa to the brain, for the normal duration of 4 hours
, by which time the meal was digested, and the next tablet behaved correctly
 I just wish that I could do the same now: If Mr Sinemet would make a CR
tablet that delivered its contents at an average 37 mg/hr, I would be first
in the queue for some.
--=20
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>