I simply don't know if the dye for CAT scans is the same as the radioactive
substance one must swallow in order to have the thyroid x-rayed.  What seems
to be filtering through is perhaps a pre-disposition to react bio-chemically
to something that triggers a response in some individuals and not in others.
 Or perhaps it occurs sooner in some and later in others and perhaps in some
not at all.  It is a puzzle--I mean--some of us have allergies and some don't
but the environment is the same for everyone.  In a perfect world we'd know
who was going to react and prevent the possibility.  Some tests are certainly
riskier than others and the decision to take the risk should be made with a
lot more knowledge about those possibilities than just the word of one's
physician.
Regards,
Den