On Sat, 15 Feb 1997 18:54:55 -0500 Dennis Greene <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>  If on
>the other hand the majority of cases are people being tested for a
>hypoactive thyroid, we are faced with doctors eliminating thyroid
>problems as a cause of slowness before eventually correctly diagnosing
>PD.

When I first went in to see an internist to determine the cause of my
tremors he wanted to run a number of test including MRI (to eliminate
poss CVA or TIA's) and a comprehensive blood test to check Thyroid, CO,
(I've worked in auto repair for 20+ years) and a number of other blood
levels. The dr. told me that the thyroid acting up could cause tremors
and he wanted to eliminate all possibilities. All my tests came back in
the "normal" range although CO was slightly elevated (not as much as a
smoker tho.)
My theory is that different environmental causes may trigger PD in
different people. It may be possible that the dye could cause a reaction
such as PD. There are people who are allergic to the iodine in the dye
and have died from it.
I guess that we may never know all the answers.

Jon Meyer 40/1 ([log in to unmask])
another Hoosier