Hi All---and a special welcome to new members

With all the  members joining the PARKINSN list I think the time has come
to dust off this old message about the USA associations, add some
Canadian addresses, and ship it out again.
(My thanks to the unknown author of the USA list)

Sorry, I don't have an address for PAN (Parkinson Action Network), but
I'm sure some one out there will send it to the PARKINSN list.

Anne Rutherford   <[log in to unmask]>
 The associations IN THE USA are listed below with their tollfree numbers
They have information, booklets, newsletters, and raise funds.
Some have support groups and other patient services

The American Parkinson's Disease Association
60 Bay Street
Staten Island, NY 10301
(800) 223-2732

United Parkinson Foundation
833 West Washington Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 733-1893

Parkinson's Disease Foundation
650 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032-9982
(800) 457-6676

National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
1501 N.W. Ninth Avenue
Miami, FL 33136
(800) 327-4545

In Canada there is a national Foundation which has over 100 chapters and
support groups across the country. Toll free information  in English and
French, books  and booklets are available and there is information on the
World Wide Web. The Parkinson Society of Ottawa-Carleton is located in
Ottawa and associations in Alberta and British Columbia.

Parkinson Foundation of Canada
#710   -  390 Bay Street
Toronto Ontario  M5H 2Y2
CANADA
English tollfree 1-800-565-3000
French  tollfree 1-800- 720-1307

Parkinson's in Ottawa  (613) -722-9238

Parkinson's in Calgary(403)-243-9901)and Edmonton(403)-482-8993)
Toll free in Alberta  1-800-561-1911

Parkinson's in British Columbia (604) 662-3240)
Toll free in BC 1-800-668-3300